Learn and Earn with the Certified Nursing Aid (CNA) Program at Pilgrim Manor
CNAs play a significant role in the medical field, providing necessary assistance to our seniors. This job requires the monitoring of resident health, behavior, and direct communication between the resident and their nurses/doctors. CNAs also spend a large amount of time with the resident and their family, addressing both physical and emotional needs. CNAs offer essential services to our seniors and we are always seeking positive candidates! Becoming a CNA can open doors to other wonderful opportunities in the healthcare industry.
We provide a three-week CNA program that lets you earn your certification and receive valuable experience on the floor. You’ll even become an official paid member of the Pilgrim Manor team during the process!
We make it easy and affordable. Start your career in the medical field!
- Upon acceptance into the three-week program, you will be hired on as an official paid Pilgrim Manor employee.
- The first five days of the program will consist of classroom work with a minimum requirement of 30 hours.
- After classroom work is completed, students participate in clinicals with a 75-hour requirement. The first two days are spent with an instructor, and the rest of the time, they are supervised by a CNA mentor on the floor.
- Classes are held at Pilgrim Manor during January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- Classes begin on the third Wednesday of the month and occur from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Textbook rentals are $20.
- Pilgrim Manor is responsible for final testing expenses and filing all applications with the state for certification.
- Review sessions, supplementary classes, and all tests are held at Pilgrim Manor before state evaluation.
Are you ready to say yes to the next step in your career? Call now to reserve your spot! (574) 936-9943
Qualified Medication Aid (QMA) Program
Once you earn your CNA certification, you can register to become a certified Qualified Medication Aid (QMA). This certification can help put you on the fast track to achieving your nursing license. QMAs work directly under a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse and are an essential part of the medical team.
Pilgrim Manor offers a QMA program to those seeking certification. There are a variety of qualifications a CNA must meet in order to be recognized as an official QMA in the state of Indiana. You can review these here.
Applications to our CNA and QMA programs are open to anyone interested in pursuing a career in the healthcare field. We also welcome high school and college students studying in or around Marshall, Fulton, or Starke County.
Feel free to call or email us with questions! (574) 936-9943 Our friendly staff would love to talk with you more about our supportive educational programs. If you’re ready to take the next step toward your nursing career, Pilgrim Manor is the prime choice for you. Call us today to apply!